Computer syllabus for class 10 cbse: Computers are an integral part of our life and most of our work is performed through it. Computers or the use of technology is rising and still there is a huge gap and opportunities to fill the gap.
So, to learn and understand about the use and various parts and components of computers CBSE has decided to add the computer as a subject in a curriculum, so that students build a strong base and knowledge about computers.
Computer syllabus for class 10 cbse
Before beginning, let’s understand the meaning of computer- A computer can be defined as an advanced electronic device that carries raw data as input from the user. It uses a set of instructions (called program) to process the data and provide
the result (output). The output can be saved or used immediately.
In this article we shared with you the detailed cbse computer syllabus for class 10.
Students can thoroughly read the syllabus and save the pdf for further access.
Class 10 Computer Topics
- Cyber ethics
- Scratch/Python Theory
CBSE computer syllabus for class 10
Unit 1: Networking
- Internet: World Wide Web, web servers, web clients, web sites, web pages, web browsers, blogs, news groups, HTML, web address, e-mail address, downloading and uploading files from a remote site. Internet protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, HTTPS. Remote login and file transfer protocols: SSH, SFTP, FTP, SCP, TELNET, SMTP, TCP/IP.
- Services available on the internet: information retrieval, locating sites using search engines and finding people on the net;
- Web services: chat, email, video conferencing, e-Learning, e-Banking, eShopping, e-Reservation, e-Governance, e-Groups, social networking.
- Mobile technologies: SMS, MMS, 3G, 4G.
Unit 2: HTML
- Introduction to web page designing using HTML: create and save an HTML document, access a web page using a web browser.
- HTML tags: html, head, title, body, (attributes: text, background, bgcolor, link, vlink, alink), br (break), hr(horizontal rule), inserting comments, h1..h6 (heading), p (paragraph), b (bold), i (italics), u (underline), ul (unordered list), ol (ordered list), and li (list item). Description lists: dl, dt and dd. Attributes of ol (start, type), ul (type).
- Font tags (attributes: face, size, color).
- Insert images: img (attributes: src, width, height, alt), sup (super script), sub (subscript).
- HTML Forms: Textbox, radio buttons, checkbox, password, list, combobox.
- Embed audio and video in a HTML page.
- Create a table using the tags: table, tr, th, td, rowspan, colspan
- Links: significance of linking, anchor element (attributes: href, mailto), targets.
- Cascading style sheets: colour, background-colour, border-style, margin, height, width, outline, font (family, style, size), align, float.
Unit 3: Cyber ethics
- Software licenses and the open source software movement.
- Intellectual property rights, plagiarism and digital property rights.
- Freedom of information and the digital divide.
- E-commerce: Privacy, fraud, secure data transmission.
Unit 4: Scratch or Python (Theory and Practical)
Alternative 1: Scratch
- Revision of the basics of Scratch
- Sprite, tempo, variables, and events
- Coordinates and conditionals
- Drawing with iteration
- Update variables repeatedly, iterative development, ask and answer blocks
- Create games, animated images, stories and songs
Alternative 2: Python
- Revision of Python basics
- Conditionals: if, if-else statements
- Loops: for, while (e.g., sum of first 10 natural numbers)
- Practice simple programs
- Lab Exercises
- Create static web pages.
- Use style sheets to enforce a format in an HTML page (CSS).
- Embed pictures, audio and videos in an HTML page.
- Add tables and frames in an HTML page.
- Decorate web pages using graphical elements.
- Create a website using several web pages. Students may use any open source
- or proprietary tools.
- Work with HTML forms: text box, radio buttons, checkbox, password, list, combo box.
- Write a blog using HTML pages discussing viruses, malware, spam and antiviruses
- Create a web page discussing plagiarism. List some reported cases of plagiarism and the consequent punishment meted out. Explain the nature of the punishment in different countries as per their IP laws.
- Create simple stories with Scratch (involving at least two objects/characters) and iteration OR write programs for finding the sum/product of first n natural numbers using Python
computer syllabus for class 10 cbse pdf
Other useful syllabus
- Science deleted syllabus class 10
- Maths deleted syllabus class 10
- Class 11 chemistry syllabus
- Class 11 chemistry syllabus
Disclaimer: SyllabusGuru does not own this book pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive for educational purposes only. If in any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal of the link. We do not support piracy.
Comment for any query and feedback.