Deleted syllabus of class 11 biology: CBSE has reduced the syllabus of class IX to XII that includes 190 subjects and class 11 biology is one of them. There are 30% reductions done in the syllabus to reduce the exam stress of the students.
It has been clarified by the board that no questions will be asked from the deleted portion of the syllabus.
Deleted syllabus of class 11 biology
Class 11 students refer to the deleted syllabus to skip it in their preparation and prepare according to the revised syllabus.
Below we have covered the biology class 11 deleted chapters and topics. Students can also refer to the biology deleted syllabus pdf for further use.
Deleted syllabus of class 11 biology information
- Title –deleted syllabus of biology class 11 cbse 2020-21
- Format– PDF
- Size– mb
- Page- 04
- Subject– biology
- Language– English
Biology deleted syllabus class 11
Under Unit 1: Diversity of Living Organisms
Chapter-1: The Living World
- taxonomy and systematics
- tools for study of taxonomy- museums, zoological parks, herbaria, botanical gardens, keys for identification.
Chapter-3: Plant Kingdom
- Angiospermae; Angiosperms – classification up to class, characteristic features and examples.
Under Unit-II Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
Chapter-5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Morphology and modifications: Morphology of different parts of flowering plants: root, stem, leaf, fruit and seed.
- Description of families: – Fabaceae
Chapter-6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Anatomy and functions of different tissues and tissue systems in dicots and monocots. Secondary growth.
Chapter-7: Structural Organization in Animals
- Morphology, Anatomy and functions of different systems (digestive, circulatory, respiratory, nervous and reproductive) of an insect (cockroach), (a brief account only).
Under Unit-IV Plant Physiology
Chapter-11: Transport in Plants
- Movement of water, gases and nutrients; cell to cell transport, diffusion, facilitated diffusion, active transport; plant-water relations, imbibition, water potential, osmosis, plasmolysis; long distance transport of water – Absorption, apoplast, symplast, transpiration pull, root pressure and guttation; transpiration, opening and closing of stomata; Uptake and translocation of mineral nutrients – Transport of food, phloem transport, mass flow hypothesis.
Chapter-12: Mineral Nutrition
- Essential minerals, macro- and micronutrients and their role; deficiency symptoms; mineral toxicity; elementary idea of hydroponics as a method to study mineral nutrition; nitrogen metabolism, nitrogen cycle, biological nitrogen fixation.
Chapter-15: Plant – Growth and Development
- Seed germination; phases of plant growth and plant growth rate; conditions of growth; differentiation, dedifferentiation and redifferentiation; sequence of developmental processes in a plant cell;
- Seed dormancy; vernalisation; photoperiodism
Under Unit-V Human Physiology
Chapter-16: Digestion and Absorption
- Alimentary canal and digestive glands, role of digestive enzymes and gastrointestinal hormones; Peristalsis, digestion, absorption and assimilation of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; calorific values of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; egestion; nutritional and digestive disorders – PEM, indigestion, constipation, vomiting, jaundice, diarrhea.
Chapter-20: Locomotion and Movement
- Types of movement – ciliary, flagellar, muscular;
- Skeletal system and its functions; joints; disorders of muscular and skeletal systems – myasthenia gravis, tetany, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, osteoporosis, gout.
Chapter-21: Neural Control and Coordination
- reflex action; sensory perception; sense organs; elementary structure and functions of eye and ear
Other useful syllabus
- Deleted syllabus of class 11 physics
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Maths
- Deleted Syllabus of class 11
- Class 11 physics syllabus
Useful books for class 11
- Pradeep chemistry class 11 PDF
- Saraswati health and physical education class 11 PDF
- Chemistry class 11 NCERT PDF
- Sumita arora python class 11 PDF
- SL Arora Physics Class 11 PDF
- VK ohri microeconomics class 11 pdf
Disclaimer: SyllabusGuru does not own this book pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive for educational purposes only. If in any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us email@example.com to request removal of the link. We do not support piracy.
Comment for any query and feedback.