SSC chsl syllabus 2022: The staff selection commission SSC issued various vacancies notification every year for the various ssc posts. For the aspirants, who are preparing for government job examinations, SSC is a big opportunity to get a government job. There are various posts available according to educational qualifications, eligibility and various other factors.
Here, in this article we will discuss the ssc chsl syllabus, ssc chsl exam pattern, stages of ssc chsl exams, selection procedure of ssc chsl exam, best books for ssc chsl exam preparations and others.
SSC chsl syllabus 2022
As we all know before applying for any exam, it is important to understand the syllabus of the exam, exam pattern. In this article we have covered the detailed syllabus of ssc chsl syllabus for stage 1 and stage 2 exams and typing test.
After successfully qualifying stage1 and stage 2 exam, one has to appear in the typing skill test and it will be of qualifying nature. Candidates who are preparing for the ssc chsl exam, one should have to focus on every stage of exam to get the final selection.
Nowadays, competition levels in government jobs exams are very high and it is not easy to crack the exam without systematic planning and understand the exam pattern and nature. Below we have covered the detailed syllabus of ssc chsl syllabus to deeply understand the exam syllabus. The syllabus is according to the official notification issued by ssc for ssc chsl exam.
Stages of SSC CHSL Exams:
There are mainly three stages of ssc chsl examination which are as follows:
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination)
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- TypingTest for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
Some of the important points regarding stage 1 of ssc chsl examinations are:
- Tier I exams consists multiple choice questions
- There will be 0.50 marks negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The question will be in both English and Hindi.
- SSC MTS Syllabus
- SSC CHSL syllabus
- SSC cpo syllabus
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus
- SSC Je mechanical syllabus
- SSC je civil syllabus
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Stage 1st
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Awareness||25||50||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes)|
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage.
- verbal and non-verbal type
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern-folding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Other subtopics
- Number Systems:
- Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Statistical Charts
- Economic Scene
- General policy
- And scientific research.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier-II Descriptive Paper exam will be of 100 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode or offline mode.
- The duration of the Paper will be for 1 hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 mentioned in official notification).
- The minimum qualifying marks for Tier-II exam would be 33 per cent.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/
- Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
- Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant post will be conducted.
- Typing tests will be conducted on the computer arranged by commission.
- It will be of qualifying nature
- Errors in the test will calculated upto two decimal places
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2022 CBT I & CBT II
Best books for SSC CHSL
The best book for the ssc chsl exams are as follows:
English books for SSC CHSL
- SSC English by Ajay Kumar Singh
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- Plinth to Paramount by neetu singh
Quantitative Aptitude books for SSC CHSL
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- SSC Mathematics by Rakesh Yadav
- Kiran SSC Mathematics
General Intelligence and Reasoning books for SSC CHSL
- Kiran’s SSC Reasoning
- SSC Reasoning (Bilingual) by Rakesh Yadav
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
General Awareness for SSC CHSL
- Kiran SSC General Awareness
- Lucent General Knowledge
These are some of the recommended books for the preparation of the ssc chsl exam. Candidates can refer to these books to boost their preparations.
SSC various post Pay Scale
Payscale for the various level job according to ssc official notifications are as follows:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs.19,900-63,200)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100) and
- Data Entry Operator, Grade A: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
FAQ on SSC CHSL Syllabus:
What is the mode of SSC CHSL tier I exam?
SSC CHSL tier I exam will be conducted only in online mode.
How many questions are asked in the ssc chsl tier I exam?
In the ssc chsl tier I exam 100 objective type questions are asked.
Is there any negative marking in SSC CHSL tier I exam?
Yes, there are 0.50 marks negative marking for each wrong answer.
How many marks are awarded for every right answer?
There are 2 marks that will be rewarded for every correct answer.
What are the stages of examinations?
There are 3 stages of exams which are as follows:
- Tier-I (Computer Based Examination)
- Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
- Final selection
What is the mode of SSC CHSL tier II exam?
It will be descriptive in nature and it will be offline.
SSC chsl post is one of the popular posts for 10+2 aspirants. It has 3 stages to get final selection. Aspirants who want to start their preparation for the ssc chsl exam one should understand the detailed syllabus of the ssc chsl syllabus and the exam pattern. We have also listed popular books for the preparations of the ssc chsl exam. One can also apply for other posts of ssc with similar syllabus and eligibility, so there are various opportunities to get the government jobs.